Anker Power Strip Surge Protector (2 × 4000 Joules), PowerExtend Strip 12 Outlets with Flat Plug, 1875W Output, 6ft Extension Cord, Dual Surge Protection for Office, HomeView on Amazon
- BrandAmazon Basics
Power Strip with USB, 3 Outlet and 2 USB Power Strip 450J Surge Protector, Desk Outlet with Flat Plug and 6FT Extendsion Cord.View on Amazon
APC Surge Protector with Phone, Network Ethernet and Coaxial Protection, P11VNT3, 3020 Joules, 11 Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip BlackView on Amazon
Kasa Smart Plug Power Strip HS300, Surge Protector with 6 Individually Controlled Smart Outlets and 3 USB Ports, Works with Alexa & Google Home, No Hub RequiredView on Amazon
- BrandKasa Smart
Belkin Surge Power Strip Protector - 8 Rotating & 4 Stationary AC Multiple Outlets - 8 ft Long Heavy Duty Extension Cord Flat Pivot Plug for Home, Office, Travel, Desktop & Charging Brick, 4320 JoulesView on Amazon
Anker USB C Power Strip Surge Protector for Home Office, PowerExtend USB-C 3 Capsule, 3 Outlets and 15W 2 USB Ports and 45W Power Delivery Port, 6 ft Power Cord, Flat Plug, Space-Saving DesignView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-12-10 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Q: What is a power strip?
A: A power strip, also known as an extension block or power board, is a device that allows you to expand the number of available power outlets from a single electrical socket. It typically features multiple outlets in a compact design and often includes additional features like surge protection and USB ports.
Q: Why do I need a power strip?
A: Power strips offer several benefits:
- Expanded outlets: They allow you to power multiple devices simultaneously, making them ideal for home offices, entertainment centers, workshops, and other areas with high power demands.
- Convenience: Power strips help eliminate the need for multiple electrical sockets, reducing cord clutter and providing a centralized power solution.
- Surge protection: Many power strips come with built-in surge protection, safeguarding your devices against power surges caused by lightning strikes or fluctuations in the electrical grid.
- USB charging: Some power strips feature USB ports, allowing you to charge smartphones, tablets, and other USB-powered devices directly from the strip.
Q: What features should I consider when choosing a power strip?
A: When selecting a power strip, consider the following features:
- Number of outlets: Determine how many outlets you need based on your devices and their power requirements.
- Surge protection: Look for power strips with surge protection to prevent damage to your electronics in the event of power surges.
- Joule rating: A higher joule rating indicates better surge protection capability.
- USB ports: If you frequently charge USB-powered devices, choose a power strip with built-in USB ports for added convenience.
- Cord length: Consider the length of the power strip's cord to ensure it reaches the nearest electrical outlet comfortably.
- Safety features: Look for power strips with features like overload protection, childproof outlets, and fire-resistant materials.
Q: Can I daisy-chain power strips?
A: It is generally not recommended to daisy-chain power strips. Daisy-chaining, which involves connecting one power strip to another, can overload the electrical circuit and pose a fire hazard. It is safer to use a single power strip that can accommodate all your devices or consider using a power strip with higher outlet capacity.
Q: Can I plug high-power devices into a power strip?
A: Power strips have a maximum power rating, typically expressed in watts or amps. Ensure that the power strip can handle the power requirements of your devices. High-power appliances like refrigerators or air conditioners may require special power strips designed for their specific power demands.
Q: Are power strips safe to use?
A: Power strips are generally safe when used properly. However, it's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions, avoid overloading the power strip, and inspect it regularly for any signs of wear or damage. Additionally, using a power strip with surge protection can provide an added layer of safety for your devices.
Q: Where can I purchase the best power strips?
A: The best power strips can be purchased from various sources, including electronics retailers, home improvement stores, and online marketplaces. It's recommended to buy from reputable sellers to ensure genuine products and access to customer support or warranty services.
Q: Do power strips come with a warranty?
A: Many power strips come with a manufacturer's warranty that covers defects in materials or workmanship. The duration and terms of the warranty can vary, so it's important to review the warranty information provided by the manufacturer or retailer at the time of purchase and register the product for warranty coverage.