Mirror Dash Cam,12" Rearview Mirror Dash Cam for Cars & Trucks, Dash Cam Mirror Front and Rear Waterproof Backup Camera, Enhanced Night Vision, Parking Assistance by KQQ (Free 64GB Card)View on Amazon
Pelsee P12 Pro 4K Mirror Dash Cam, 12'' Rear View Mirror Camera Smart Driving Assistant w/ADAS and BSD,2160P Front and Rear Camera,Voice Control,Night Vision,Parking Monitoring,Free 32GB Memory CardView on Amazon
URVOLAX OEM 12" Mirror Dash Cam Voice Control,Car Backup Rear View Mirror Camera with Detached Front Lens,1296P Full HD Digital Rearview Dual Split Screen,Night Vision,Parking Assist,GPSView on Amazon
JOMISE K17 4K 12" Rear View Mirror Camera, Mirror Dash Cam Front and Rear, 2160P Full HD Rearview Mirror, Waterproof Backup WDR Camera,Night Vision, Parking Assist,Speed Alert,Free 32GB Card & GPSView on Amazon
AUTO-VOX V5PRO OEM Look Rear View Mirror Camera with Neat Wiring, No Glare Mirror Dash Cam front and rear, 9.35'' Full Laminated Ultrathin Touch Screen, Dual 1080P Super Night Vision Car Backup CameraView on Amazon
PORMIDO 4K Mirror Dash Cam, Front and Rear View Mirror Camera 11" Ultra HD Smart Digital Split Screen Waterproof Backup Car Camera Dual Sony Lens,GPS,Night Vision,Anti Glare,Parking Monitor,SD CardView on Amazon
WOLFBOX G840S 12" 4K Mirror Dash Cam Backup Camera, 2160P Full HD Smart Rearview Mirror for Cars & Trucks, Front and Rear View Dual Cameras, Night Vision, Parking Assistance, Free 32GB Card & GPSView on Amazon
JOMISE 4K Mirror Dash Cam, 11" Rear View Mirror Camera, 2160P Rearview Mirror Backup Camera, Mirror Dash Cam Front and Rear, IPS Touch Screen, Type-C Connector, Parking Monitor, Free 32GB Card-G814View on Amazon
PORMIDO Triple Mirror Dash Cam 12" with Detached Front and in-Car Camera,Waterproof Backup Rear View Dashcam Anti Glare 1296P IPS Touch Screen with Sony Sensor,Starvis Night Vision,GPS,Parking AssistView on Amazon
AKASO DL12 2.5K Mirror Dash Cam Voice Control 12" Touch Screen Front and Rear Dual Dash Camera for Cars Night Vision Backup Camera with Sony Starvis Sensor GPS G-Sensor Parking AssistanceView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-12-10 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. What is a rearview mirror dash cam?
A rearview mirror dash cam is a dual-purpose device that combines a traditional rearview mirror with a built-in dash cam. It replaces your existing rearview mirror and provides a combination of mirror functionality and video recording capabilities for your vehicle.
2. Why should I use a rearview mirror dash cam?
A rearview mirror dash cam offers several benefits, including:
- Video Recording: It records the road ahead and behind your vehicle, providing evidence in case of accidents or incidents.
- Improved Safety: Dash cams can act as a deterrent for reckless driving and capture important details in case of collisions or hit-and-runs.
- Parking Assistance: Some rearview mirror dash cams have parking modes that can monitor your vehicle while parked, capturing any potential incidents or vandalism.
3. What are the key features to consider in a rearview mirror dash cam?
When choosing the best rearview mirror dash cam, consider the following features:
- Video Quality: Look for high-definition resolution, preferably 1080p or higher, to ensure clear and detailed footage.
- Field of View: Consider the wide-angle lens to capture a broader view of the road.
- Loop Recording: This feature automatically overwrites old footage to ensure continuous recording.
- G-Sensor: The G-sensor detects sudden movements or impacts and automatically saves and locks the associated footage for later review.
- Parking Mode: Some dash cams have a parking mode that provides surveillance even when the vehicle is parked and the engine is off.
- Display and User Interface: Ensure the rearview mirror display is clear and easily readable, and the user interface is intuitive and user-friendly.
4. Which are some recommended brands for rearview mirror dash cams?
Several reputable brands offer high-quality rearview mirror dash cams. Some popular options include Vantrue, TOGUARD, Rexing, Pruveeo, and AUTO-VOX. These brands are known for their reliable performance and innovative features.
5. Can I still use the rearview mirror function with a rearview mirror dash cam?
Yes, rearview mirror dash cams are designed to function as both a dash cam and a rearview mirror. You can use the rearview mirror function as you would with a regular mirror, and the dash cam's display will be integrated into it.
6. How do rearview mirror dash cams get power?
Rearview mirror dash cams usually get power through the vehicle's cigarette lighter or accessory power socket. Some models may require hardwiring to the vehicle's electrical system for a neater installation and continuous power supply.
7. Are rearview mirror dash cams legal?
The legality of rearview mirror dash cams may vary depending on your jurisdiction. It's important to familiarize yourself with the local laws and regulations regarding dash cams and privacy. In many places, using a dash cam is legal as long as it does not obstruct the driver's view or violate privacy rights.
8. Can rearview mirror dash cams be easily installed?
Rearview mirror dash cams are generally designed for easy installation. They often come with detailed instructions and mounting hardware. However, depending on the specific model and your vehicle's make and model, installation difficulty may vary. If you're not comfortable with the installation process, it's recommended to seek professional assistance.
9. Can rearview mirror dash cams be used at night or in low-light conditions?
Yes, many rearview mirror dash cams are equipped with features such as WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) and enhanced low-light sensitivity to capture clear footage even in low-light or nighttime conditions. However, the performance may vary between different models, so it's important to check the specifications and customer reviews for night vision capabilities.
10. Where can I purchase rearview mirror dash cams?
Rearview mirror dash cams can be purchased from various sources, including electronics retailers, automotive accessory stores, and online marketplaces such as Amazon or manufacturer websites. Ensure you choose a reputable seller to ensure you receive a genuine and reliable product.