GYMAX Electric Snow Thrower, 18” 15Amp Corded Snow Blower with 180° Chute Rotation & 2 Transport Wheels, 26’ Throwing Distance for Driveway, Sidewalk (Red)View on Amazon
- BrandSnow Joe
Goplus Snow Blower, 18-Inch 15 Amp Electric Snow Thrower with 180° Rotatable Chute & 2 Wheels for Yard Driveway Sidewalk, 10-Inch Clearing Depth, 30 Feet Throwing Distance, 720 Lbs/Minute (Red)View on Amazon
SuperHandy Electric Snow Thrower Walk-Behind Blower Corded AC 120V 15A 18 x 10 Inch Clearing Path 25 Feet Throwing Distance 720 lbs/Min LED Headlights for Driveway Walking Path YardsView on Amazon
EGO Power+ SNT2110 Peak Power 21-Inch 56-Volt Cordless Snow Blower with Steel Auger Battery and Charger Not IncludedView on Amazon
- BrandEGO Power+
PowerSmart Snow Blower Gas Powered 24-Inch 2-Stage 212cc Engine with Electric Starter, Hand Warmer, LED Headlight, Self Propelled Snowblower PS24 AdvancedView on Amazon
EGO Power+ SNT2405 24 in. Self-Propelled 2-Stage Snow Blower with Peak Power Two 7.5Ah Batteries and Dual Port Charger Included, BlackView on Amazon
- BrandEGO Power+
PowerSmart Snow Blower Gas Powered 26 in. B&S 250cc Engine with Electric Starter, Hand Warmer, LED Headlight, Self Propelled 2 Stage Snow Blower BS26View on Amazon
Last update on May 23, 2023 6:58 AM / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Q: Why do I need a snow blower for a large driveway?
A: Snow blowers are essential for clearing large driveways efficiently and effectively. They save you time and effort compared to manual shoveling, allowing you to quickly remove snow and maintain a clear pathway. Snow blowers are especially beneficial for those with long driveways or areas that experience heavy snowfall.
Q: What should I consider when choosing a snow blower for a large driveway?
A: When selecting a snow blower for a large driveway, consider the following factors:
- Clearing width and intake height: Look for a snow blower with a wide clearing path and a high intake height to handle the volume of snow on your driveway.
- Engine power: Consider the engine power, typically measured in cubic centimeters (cc), to ensure it has enough strength to handle heavy snow conditions.
- Drive system: Choose between a self-propelled or track-driven snow blower for easier maneuverability on large driveways. Both options provide good traction.
- Snow throwing distance: Check the snow throwing distance specification to ensure it can throw snow far enough to clear your driveway effectively.
- Auger and impeller design: Look for snow blowers with sturdy augers and powerful impellers to handle compacted or wet snow effectively.
- Clearing capacity: Consider the snow blower's ability to handle the depth and volume of snow, typically measured in pounds per minute (lbs/min) or tons per hour (tons/hr).
- Control and adjustment features: Look for adjustable chute controls, multiple speed settings, and easy-to-use controls for comfortable operation.
- Durability and build quality: Choose a snow blower made from durable materials that can withstand heavy use and harsh winter conditions.
- Maintenance and storage: Consider the ease of maintenance and storage requirements, including features like foldable handles or compact designs.
Q: Should I choose a single-stage or two-stage snow blower for a large driveway?
A: For large driveways and heavy snowfall, a two-stage snow blower is generally recommended. Two-stage snow blowers feature an auger that breaks up the snow and a separate impeller that throws the snow out of the chute. This design allows for more efficient clearing of large volumes of snow and can handle heavier and more compacted snow conditions. Single-stage snow blowers are better suited for smaller driveways and lighter snowfall.
Q: Can I use a snow blower on uneven or gravel driveways?
A: Yes, you can use a snow blower on uneven or gravel driveways. However, it's important to select a snow blower with adjustable skid shoes or height settings that allow you to raise the auger off the ground slightly. This prevents the blower from making direct contact with the surface and helps prevent damage to the driveway or the blower itself.
Q: Are electric or gas-powered snow blowers better for large driveways?
A: Gas-powered snow blowers are generally more suitable for large driveways as they offer more power and can handle heavy snow conditions. Electric snow blowers, while convenient and environmentally friendly, are better suited for smaller driveways with lighter snowfall. However, advancements in electric snow blower technology have led to the development of more powerful models capable of handling larger driveways.
Q: Where can I purchase snow blowers for large driveways?
A: Snow blowers for large driveways can be purchased from home improvement stores, outdoor equipment retailers, and online marketplaces. Consider factors such as customer reviews, pricing, warranty coverage, and reputable brands when choosing where to buy your snow blower.